Chairman, Manipal Fertility
- First qualified Andrologist in India
- Pioneered the concept of comprehensive andrological diagnosis and treatment approaches especially in male infertility
- Established the first center in the country where advanced andrological treatment options are available
- Established the only comprehensive Andrology Laboratory in India
- Instrumental in bringing Men’s Health as an independent area of focus not only for fertility but also erectile dysfunction, sexual concerns and several other Mens Health issues which affect men with advancing age.
Apart from his vast clinical experience and astute diagnostic skills, Dr Vasan SS is presently the Ex Trustee, International Continence Society (ICS), UK task force Member on male infertility, Member in WHO consultations on incontinence, Member Asian task force on erectile dysfunction and Quality control expert for labs worldwide. He is also the Founder Secretary of SASSM (South Asian Society for Sexual Medicine). He has authored several papers (National and International) in peer-reviewed journals & books and has received two awards for original innovation.
Mrs. Saritha Vijayanagar
Chief Executive Officer
Saritha Vijayanagar is Chief Executive Officer of Manipal Fertility and is invested with a quarter century of management experience.
Over a decade, Saritha has led Manipal Hospitals from strength to strength, excelling in a variety of roles from HR as a business partner where she was instrumental in building a performance based culture and meet the requirements of a 5000+ strong healthcare professionals to operations management of the flagship hospital, taking a leap from HR to business. Her commitment, drive to excel, focus on results and the values have helped her to carve great opportunities that have helped the organization and her – be it heading a hospital, or other formats of healthcare delivery in retail space like clinics. As a Six Sigma green belt, certified NABH professional, she is committed to process improvement and holds an impressive track record when it comes to streamlining workflows and informational networks throughout the organization.
In the past, Saritha has excelled at leadership roles within globally-accredited firms such as NIIT, Jindal Steel and Conzerv -Schneider Electric. She has also been honored with the Women’s Leadership Award in Healthcare from ABP News, and has served as the Chairperson of The Prevention Of Sexual Harassment Committee for 3 consecutive years. Being a lady, she brings with her empathy, maturity, ability to adapt and mentor people to meet changing and demanding needs of a dynamic and growing healthcare industry.
The course of her colorful career has taken her from designing leadership information systems to defining and implementing performance management policies and high-level HR functions across a gamut of sectors. Her work ethic, overachiever attitude and innovative approach to leadership continue to amaze and delight on every level of the organization.
Dr. Bina Vasan
Director & Head – Reproductive Medicine
Consultant in Reproductive Medicine, with an experience of over 20 years, especially in PCOS, Recurrent IVF failures and miscarriages, Quality Control and Ethics. Over two decades of experience in field of Reproductive Medicine
- First Pre Implantation Genetic Screening baby in Karnataka
- Executive member – Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- First Prize for a new method for identification of potential biomarkers in reproductive medicine: National Conference on Molecular Medicine and Nano-biotechnology
- Development of technology for Non-cryogenic sperm transport
- Development of a Flow Cytometric Assay for sperm DNA Fragmentation Index
- Involved in Derivation of human embryonic stem cell lines – MHB/SCR/003, in collaboration with Manipal Hospital Stem Cell Laboratory